Monday, September 21, 2009

Found a YUMMY recipe for all of our zucchini

Okay I found this recipe and boy is yummy!

Zucchini Banana Bread (makes great muffins (12) with a half recipe)

3c Flour
2c Quick Oatmeal
4t Baking Powder
2t Salt
2t Cinnamon (or more if you like more)
2 Large Bananas, mashed
1 1/2c Sugar
1 1/2c Oil
4 Eggs
3c Grated Zucchini
1t Vanilla
3/4c walnuts (optional)

Beat sugar and oil, then add eggs - Mix until creamy then add the mashed bananas and zucchini. Add in salt, cinnamon, vanilla. Then mix in the flour and quick oatmeal slowly (sort of folding it in to your mix), then add nuts if you like. Put mixture into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes - makes 3 to 4 pans.

I made a half portion and filled a regular size muffin tin (12) with the batter to the just about the top. I baked at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes - they were PERFECT and YUMMY! I wish I had a picture!

cooks.com

2 comments:

  1. Those sound very good! I have a great recipe for cucumbers pickles. Let me know if you have some to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we ever have some cucumbers to use up!!! I would love a great recipe for cucumber pickles!

    ReplyDelete